The Department of Accounting provides quality undergraduate and graduate accounting education that develops the knowledge, skills, and ethical awareness to succeed in a broad range of accounting and business careers and establishes a foundation for life-long learning.
We fulfill our mission through the following:
- Providing a curriculum that allows pursuit of a wide range of career opportunities and professional certifications.
- Fostering an understanding of ethical, technological, and corporate social responsibility issues facing the accounting profession.
- Developing problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Serving other disciplines with an exposure to basic accounting concepts.
- Providing resources to enhance student learning.
- Promoting research activities which lead to journal publications and other intellectual contributions that complement our educational initiatives.
- Supporting professional development through participation in regional and national academic and professional activities.
- Encouraging service to the University, the College, the Department, and the profession.
- Partnering with area accounting professionals and other stakeholders to develop mutually beneficial relationships.
- Providing career development opportunities for current and future leaders in the accounting profession.
- Promoting regional economic development.
"Advancing Knowledge,Transforming Lives"